Location: New York, NY
Irish Repertory Theatre, a year-round producing company located in Chelsea, Manhattan, is currently seeking a Box Office Manager to oversee day-to-day operations of the Irish Repertory Theatre box office – ensuring professionalism, accuracy and consistency in all box office operations. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Box Office Manager will manage all ticketing and audience services related marketing initiatives. This position will also support the Development Department with member and donor ticketing management, as well as processing member contributions as needed.
A successful candidate is outgoing and personable, customer-experience minded, detail oriented, collaborative, innovative, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and is committed to ensuring a positive experience for all Irish Rep patrons. Due to the nature of the position, some schedule flexibility is required, including evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits, including a 100% employer-paid health plan (medical, dental and vision), generous paid vacation policy, and a 403b plan with 2% employer match after 1 year of service. Irish Rep is committed to building a creative and collaborative workplace that celebrates the diversity of its artists and staff; applicants of both Irish and non-Irish descent are strongly encouraged to apply. Irish Rep is an equal opportunity employer.
- Process ticket sales for in-person and digital productions – phone and in-person orders, maintain accurate box office cash accounts and coordinate will-call pick-ups and transactions.
- Respond promptly and professionally to customer inquiries, requests and complaints.
- Ensure and maintain the smooth and consistent running of the computerized ticketing system on both the front and the backend.
- Build new shows and special events in Spektrix including for the off-site Irish Rep annual gala.
- Schedule and Manage Box Office Associates.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing and Digital Strategy on audience development, patron communication, group sales, and third party ticketing initiatives.
- Work closely with Development staff on responding to donor ticket requests, house seat management, cultivation events and CRM efforts in Spektrix
- Work with General Manager on financial processes and creating and generating regular box office reports (including Off Broadway grosses).
- Work closely with Audience Services to create a streamlined customer experience at each performance beginning with ticket pick-up until the performance begins.
- Train any and all additional box office personnel in customer service standards and manage and coordinate box office staffing schedules.
- Manage the Ticket Subsidy Initiative, which provides complimentary tickets to senior centers, students, and other community groups.
- Facilitate ticketing and provide general support for the Irish Rep’s annual Gala.
- Other Responsibilities as assigned
- At least 2 years previous box office experience
- Some management experience
- Experience in customer service and the performing arts
- Must have the ability to work with the public and possess conflict resolution skills
- General knowledge of Spektrix a plus.
- Comprehensive skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Excellent computer and phone skills required.
- “All hands on deck” attitude and willingness to collaborate across departments. This is an organization where you never get to say “that’s not my job.”
Job Start Date: To be determined
Please submit resume (with references listed), cover letter, and salary expectations to Lisa Fane at jobs@IrishRep.org. Please put “Box Office Manager Position” and your name in the subject line. No calls, tweets, or Facebook messages please. Salary range: low to mid 50s.