Irish Repertory Theatre, a year-round producing company located in Chelsea, Manhattan, is currently seeking a Box Office Manager to oversee day-to-day operations of the Irish Repertory Theatre box office – ensuring professionalism, accuracy and consistency in all box office operations. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Box Office Manager will manage all ticketing and audience services related marketing initiatives. This position will also support the Development Department with member and donor ticketing management, as well as processing member contributions as needed.
A successful candidate is outgoing and personable, customer-experience minded, detail oriented, collaborative, innovative, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and is committed to ensuring a positive experience for all Irish Rep patrons. Due to the nature of the position, some schedule flexibility is required, including evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits, including health and a 403b plan. Irish Rep is committed to building a creative and collaborative workplace that celebrates the diversity of its artists and staff; applicants of both Irish and non-Irish descent are strongly encouraged to apply. Irish Rep is an equal opportunity employer.
- Process ticket sales – phone and in-person orders, maintain accurate box office cash accounts and coordinate will-call pick-ups and transactions.
- Respond promptly and professionally to customer inquiries, requests and complaints.
- Ensure and maintain the smooth and consistent running of the computerized ticketing system on both the front and the backend.
- Build new shows and special events in OvationTix, including for the off-site Irish Rep annual gala.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing on audience development, group sales, and third party ticketing initiatives.
- Work closely with Development staff on responding to donor ticket requests, house seat management, cultivation events and CRM efforts in OvationTix.
- Work with General Manager on financial processes and creating and generating regular box office reports (including Off Broadway grosses).
- Work closely with House Managment to create a streamlined customer experience at each performance beginning with ticket pick-up until the performance begins.
- Train any and all additional box office personnel in customer service standards and manage and coordinate box office staffing schedules.
- Manage the Ticket Subsidy Initiative, which provides complimentary tickets to senior centers, students, and other community groups.
- Facilitate ticketing and provide general support for the Irish Rep’s annual Gala.
- Other Responsibilities as assigned
- At least 2 years previous box office experience
- Some management experience
- Experience in customer service and the performing arts
- Must have the ability to work with the public and possess conflict resolution skills
- General knowledge of OvationTix strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Excellent computer and phone skills required.
Irish Rep offers a competitive benefits package for employees.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Please submit cover letter with salary expectations, resume, and references as attachments to Frances Howorth, Director of Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Box Office Manager Opportunity” in the subject line. No phone inquiries, please.
Though we appreciate applicants taking the time to submit materials for consideration, we are a small office and only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Start Date: Immediate, flexible.
About Irish Repertory Theatre:
Irish Repertory Theatre provides a context for understanding the contemporary Irish-American experience through evocative works of theater, music, and dance. This mission is accomplished by staging the works of Irish and Irish-American classic and contemporary playwrights, encouraging the development of new works focused on the Irish and Irish-American experience, and producing the works of other cultures interpreted through the lens of an Irish sensibility.
Irish Repertory Theater operates a 148-seat mainstage and a 60-seat flexible studio theatre space in our home at 132 West 22nd Street between 6th and 7th Avenues in Manhattan. Learn more.
Posted: February 15, 2019
Application Deadline: February 25, 2019