This position has been filled – 2/21/20
Irish Repertory Theatre, a year-round producing company located in Chelsea, Manhattan which the Wall Street Journal in 2019 called “New York’s best Off-Broadway theatre troupe,” seeks a passionate arts administrator to join our small administrative staff as Company Manager. This person will work closely with the General Manager to ensure smooth operations for the theatre’s day-to-day administration. Irish Rep stages the works of Irish and Irish-American classic and contemporary playwrights and operates a 148-seat mainstage and a 60-seat flexible studio theatre space.
A successful candidate is detail-oriented, collaborative, flexible, a good communicator, calm under pressure, and committed to Irish Rep’s continued success.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits, including employer-paid healthcare (with dental and vision coverage) and a 403b plan. Irish Rep is committed to the diversity of its artists and staff; applicants of both Irish and non-Irish descent are encouraged to apply. Irish Rep is an equal opportunity employer.
- Manage union reporting, payments, and reconciliations (AEA, USA, SDC, AFM)
- Create, circulate and maintain production calendars
- Serve as Company Management support for Actors, Stage Managers, and Creative Teams, including contracting, troubleshooting, and occasional show coverage, which may require working some weekends and evenings.
- Field and manage licensing inquiries
- Track and report on royalty payments
- Collaborate with Development and Marketing staff on staff-wide and production-specific events, including opening and closing night events and annual Gala
- Assume primary responsibility for accounts payable
- Play active role in financial management, including credit card reconciling, reimbursements, and petty cash management
- Create project-specific budgets and track expenses
- Human Resources/Payroll
- Prepare and submit weekly Production payroll
- Liaise with payroll company to process new-hire paperwork, employee transitions/leave, and staff benefits
- Manage workers comp and unemployment claims
- Oversee internal policies, such as a PTO, comp and sick time
- IT/Office Management/Facilities
- Manage Office IT needs and troubleshooting with external IT company
- Liaise with vendors
- Handle office organization, archiving, and supply management
• Bachelor’s Degree or related experience; 2+ years’ experience in arts administration
- Experience with union contracts and relations
- Experience with QuickBooks (or similar) accounting software
- Experience with Paychex (or similar) payroll software
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel and Word
- Knowledge of and passion for the New York theater community
- Superior organizational skills, ability to take initiative, passion for multitasking and strategic thinking
- “All hands on deck” attitude and willingness to collaborate across departments. This is an office where you never get to say “that’s not my job.”
Please submit resume (with references listed), cover letter, and salary expectations to Lisa Fane at jobs@IrishRep.org. Please put “Company Manager Position” and your name in the subject line. No calls, tweets, or Facebook messages please. Salary commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, February 10 by end of day