Development and Marketing Intern; Fall 2019
Irish Repertory Theatre, a year-round producing company located in Chelsea, Manhattan, is seeking a Development and Marketing Intern for the Fall of 2019 (September – December – exact dates negotiable). The Intern will support fundraising and ticket sales initiatives for Irish Rep’s 31st season, including supporting an annual holiday fundraising appeal. He or she will work closely with the Irish Rep staff, learning about arts administration on a holistic level through a mix of real-world experience and one-on-one meetings and discussions with team members.
This is a part-time unpaid educational position with a travel and meal stipend of $500 per month. Irish Rep is committed to the diversity of its artists and staff; applicants of both Irish and non-Irish descent are encouraged to apply. Irish Rep is an equal opportunity employer.
- Provide assistance on direct mail, on-site, web-based, phone, and capital campaigns, including research, renewal, acquisition, acknowledgement, and benefit fulfillment
- Assist in managing Irish Rep’s GreenSeats initiative for new audiences
- Participate and support special events throughout the season
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of the fundraising CRM through OvationTix
- Write compelling copy for email and social media campaigns for membership, plus other content
- Pull and create lists and reports on members and patrons
- Perform research on new fundraising opportunities
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Strong copywriting/editing skills
- Keen attention to detail
- An understanding of the need to use different voices for different platforms and purposes
- Passion for theater
- Interest in fundraising and membership
- A desire to learn about the holistic administrative needs of an arts institution
- The ability to prioritize and remain flexible and organized in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Excel
- Willingness to pitch in!
An Irish Rep Internship offers:
- Travel and meal stipend of $500/month
- Learn the fundamentals of working at a reputable NYC theatre company
- Work closely with and learn from experienced arts professionals
- Orientation meeting with extended Irish Rep team members
- Opportunity to shadow an employee of your choice for a day after internship has finished
- See Irish Rep performances throughout the season
- Receive career support and mentoring in weekly meetings with the Director of Marketing and Individual Giving Manager
- Develop marketable skillsets in both fundraising and marketing
- Learn the following programs: Constant Contact, OvationTix and Paperless Post
Minimum Commitment: September through mid-December 2019, 2-3 days per week (more available as desired, exact schedule negotiable)
To apply, please send a one-page resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate “Development and Marketing Internship” in the subject line of your email. In your cover letter, please outline your relevant experience, academic course of study as applicable, and reasons for wanting to intern with Irish Rep.
Application Deadline: Sunday, August 18, 2019 (end of day)