Irish Repertory Theatre, a year-round producing company located in Chelsea, Manhattan, is seeking a dynamic and highly skilled professional to join our executive team. The Director of Development will report to the Producing Director and Artistic Director and will oversee all fundraising activities for the Irish Rep, including major gifts, individual gifts, grants (corporate, foundation, and government), memberships, sponsorships, and fundraising events.
About Irish Repertory Theatre:
Irish Repertory Theatre provides a context for understanding the contemporary Irish-American experience through evocative works of theater, music, and dance. This mission is accomplished by staging the works of Irish and Irish-American classic and contemporary playwrights, encouraging the development of new works focused on the Irish and Irish-American experience, and producing the works of other cultures interpreted through the lens of an Irish sensibility.
Irish Repertory Theater operates a 148-seat mainstage and a 60-seat flexible studio theatre space in our home at 132 West 22nd Street between 6th and 7th Avenues in Manhattan.
Irish Rep is committed to the diversity of its artists and staff; applicants of both Irish and non-Irish descent are encouraged to apply. Irish Rep is an equal opportunity employer.
As an integral member of the Irish Rep team, the Director of Development will:
- Generate contributed revenue for Irish Repertory Theatre through the solicitation of corporate, foundation, governmental, and individual prospects;
- Conduct all funder prospecting for the organization and generate all grant proposals and reports including to foundation and government sources;
- Partner with theater’s leadership to draft individual giving campaign, solicitations, and execute these mailings with the support of the Individual Giving Manager;
- Plan and execute donor appreciation evenings and cultivation events;
- Serve as a key member of the theater’s Gala committee, working closely with theater’s leadership, board, marketing and development staff, on coordination and execution of annual event;
- Provide high-level and logistical support to the theater’s board of directors, with a focus on fundraising, governance, and organizational planning;
- Represent the theater at external functions and community activities, including evening and weekend events;
- Supervise the full-time Individual Giving Manager, as well as a Development Intern, as applicable.
- A minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience, preferably at a not-for-profit theatre, with demonstrated results in developing and implementing various fundraising activities;
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience;
- Excellent written communication skills required, with an ability to write clear and compelling grant proposals;
- A creative and adaptive approach to fundraising within a non-traditional organizational structure;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills as well as a collaborative and flexible working style;
- Experience supervising personnel;
- Familiarity with the New York City philanthropic sector and/or Irish community a plus.
Salary is commensurate with experience, and Irish Rep provides 100% employer paid comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits and offers participation in 403b retirement plan with employer match after one year of service.
To apply, send resume and cover letter with references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Director of Development position” in the subject line. No calls please.
Application Deadline: Monday, June 3, 2019