Irish Repertory Theatre, a year-round producing company located in Chelsea, Manhattan, called “New York’s finest Off-Broadway theater” in The Wall Street Journal in 2019, and “the leader in streaming theater productions” in Theatermania in 2020, seeks a Director of Marketing and Digital Strategy to join the team immediately, overseeing marketing, digital strategy, and ticketing initiatives for the company.
The Director of Marketing and Digital Strategy reports to Irish Rep’s Artistic and Producing Directors and is responsible for directing all day-to-day marketing, advertising, and ticketing efforts; upholding the organizational brand; growing and improving digital infrastructure; and advancing and communicating initiatives related to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. The Director is also responsible for the marketing, communication, distribution, and pricing of all digital products and initiatives, including regularly scheduled full-length digital productions and special events. As we prepare for reopening, the position will oversee marketing and ticket sales for a 148-seat mainstage and a 60-seat flexible studio theatre space on top of digital programming.
Irish Repertory Theatre is returning to its physical space as an expanded institution, with over 50% audience growth over the past year. The Director of Marketing and Digital Strategy will continue integrating Irish Rep’s new digital production model with its in-person programs, leading the transition to a new hybrid business model.
A successful candidate is creative, collaborative, detail-oriented, tech-savvy, able to maintain a leadership role in a fast-paced environment and committed to building positive and welcoming experiences for all Irish Rep patrons and employees. Due to the nature of the position, some schedule flexibility is required, including evenings, weekends, and some holidays. Irish Rep is still supporting a hybrid work environment that requires internet and computer access, but some in-person work is required so living in the NYC area is necessary.
Irish Rep is committed to building a creative and collaborative workplace that celebrates the diversity of its artists and staff; applicants of both Irish and non-Irish descent are strongly encouraged to apply. Irish Rep is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are encouraged to read the company DEI Statement before applying to this position.
- Maintain and strengthen brand identity
- Lead all earned revenue initiatives (up to $2.5 million annually)
- Direct marketing strategy and execution in service of 10-12 annual productions, plus special events and digital programs, developing unique and tailored art and outreach strategies for each distinct initiative.
- Lead Irish Rep marketing team, including a full-time Art Director/Senior Marketing Manager and Marketing and Content Manager plus a part-time Marketing Assistant
- Oversee Irish Rep box office operations and staff, including Box Office Manager and part-time Associates, in collaboration with General Manager
- Develop, implement, and evaluate all ticketing policies and strategies
- Serve on Irish Rep’s joint Board-Staff Committee for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, advancing committee initiatives and overseeing communications strategy and development
- Manage communications timeline and serve as the primary point of contact with the outside press team
- Identify opportunities and implement business strategies that lead to company growth and process improvement in collaboration with Irish Rep leadership and senior staff
- Maintain and continuously improve Irish Rep digital infrastructure, including platforms for both external and internal use
- Supervise content creation for all print and digital media channels
- Forecast and report earned revenue potential for the company through data collection and management
- Liaise with board and company leadership, communicating needs, goals, and priorities from an earned revenue and mission-oriented standpoint
- Develop and coordinate audience development efforts with an emphasis on diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Oversee data strategy and cleanliness of ticketing and sales CRM
- Support fundraising team with membership strategy, communications, and outreach
- Coordinate special events for audience development, group sales, and other initiatives
- Support planning and execution of annual gala, typically responsible for a significant portion of the company’s contributed income
- Oversee Irish Rep Intern outreach and experience with the Director of Development
- Develop communications related to COVID safety protocols
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Master’s degree a plus. 5+ years’ experience in arts marketing and/or sales particularly in nonprofit theatre
- Experience with an arts ticketing CRM (such as Spektrix), Google Analytics, an email service provider, and WordPress preferred
- Passion for innovation and continuous improvement of business practices and audience experience
- Knowledge of the New York and digital theater community
- Interest in Irish theater, arts, culture, and/or history
- Dedication to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
- An eye for design & branding
- Direct management experience with supervisory responsibilities
- Demonstrated success in executing marketing strategy, especially in planning, directing, and executing campaigns
- Superior oral, written, and grammatical skills
- Exceptional computer skills
- Superior organizational skills, leadership ability, multitasking, and strategic thinking
- An “all hands on deck” attitude.
The salary is in the high $60s with a full benefits package (medical and dental, 403b, and life insurance), staff development support, and generous vacation/PTO policy. Irish Rep provides a stipend to support remote work.
Candidates should send PDF resume and cover letter to Lisa Fane, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Director of Marketing and Digital Strategy” in the subject line of the email. Application deadline: September 29. No calls, tweets, or Facebook messages, please.