Irish Repertory Theatre, a year-round producing company located in Chelsea, Manhattan, called “New York’s finest Off-Broadway theater” in The Wall Street Journal in 2019, and “the leader in streaming theater productions” in Theatermania in 2020, seeks a Director of Marketing and Digital Strategy to join the team, overseeing marketing, digital strategy, and ticketing initiatives for the company.
The Director of Marketing and Digital Strategy reports to Irish Rep’s Artistic and Producing Directors and is responsible for directing all day-to-day marketing, advertising, and ticketing efforts for a 148-seat mainstage and a 60-seat flexible studio theatre space and occasional digital programming. This position is also responsible for upholding the organizational brand; growing and improving digital infrastructure; and advancing and communicating initiatives related to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
A successful candidate is creative, collaborative, detail-oriented, tech-savvy, able to maintain a leadership role in a fast-paced environment and committed to building positive and welcoming experiences for all Irish Rep patrons and employees. Due to the nature of the position, some schedule flexibility is required, including evenings, weekends, and some holidays. Irish Rep is operating a hybrid work environment so the position requires internet and computer access, but some in-person work is required, so living in the NYC area is necessary.
Irish Rep is committed to building a creative and collaborative workplace that celebrates the diversity of its artists and staff; applicants of both Irish and non-Irish descent are strongly encouraged to apply. Irish Rep is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are encouraged to read the company DEI Statement before applying to this position.
- Maintain and strengthen brand identity
- Lead all earned revenue initiatives (up to $2.5 million annually)
- Direct marketing strategy and execution in service of 10-12 annual productions, plus special events and digital programs, developing unique and tailored art and outreach strategies for each distinct initiative.
- Lead Irish Rep marketing team, including a full-time Art Director/Senior Marketing Manager and Marketing and Content Manager plus a part-time Marketing Assistant
- Oversee Irish Rep box office operations and staff, including Box Office Manager and part-time Associates, in collaboration with General Manager
- Develop, implement, and evaluate all ticketing policies and strategies
- Serve on Irish Rep’s joint Board-Staff Committee for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, advancing committee initiatives and overseeing communications strategy and development
- Manage communications timeline and serve as the primary point of contact with the outside press team
- Identify opportunities and implement business strategies that lead to company growth and process improvement in collaboration with Irish Rep leadership and senior staff
- Maintain and continuously improve Irish Rep digital infrastructure, including platforms for both external and internal use
- Supervise content creation for all print and digital media channels
- Forecast and report earned revenue potential for the company through data collection and management
- Liaise with board and company leadership, communicating needs, goals, and priorities from an earned revenue and mission-oriented standpoint
- Develop and coordinate audience development efforts with an emphasis on diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Oversee data strategy and cleanliness of ticketing and sales CRM
- Support fundraising team with membership strategy, communications, and outreach
- Support planning and execution of annual gala
- Develop communications related to COVID safety protocols
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Master’s degree a plus. 3+ years’ experience in arts marketing and/or sales particularly in nonprofit theatre
- Experience with an arts ticketing CRM (such as Spektrix), Google Analytics, an email service provider, and WordPress preferred
- Passion for innovation and continuous improvement of business practices and audience experience
- Knowledge of the New York and digital theater community
- Interest in Irish theater, arts, culture, and/or history
- Dedication to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
- An eye for design & branding
- Direct management experience with supervisory responsibilities
- Demonstrated success in executing marketing strategy, especially in planning, directing, and executing campaigns
- Superior oral, written, and grammatical skills
- Exceptional computer skills
- Superior organizational skills, leadership ability, multitasking, and strategic thinking
- An “all hands on deck” attitude.
The salary is in the high $60s/low-high $70s (commensurate with experience), plus fully paid benefits package (medical/dental/vision/life insurance), 403b with 2% match after 1 year of service, staff development support, and generous vacation/PTO policy. Irish Rep also provides a stipend to support remote work. Start date can be deferred to January/February 2022.
Candidates should send PDF resume and cover letter to Lisa Fane, General Manager, at email@example.com, with “Director of Marketing and Digital Strategy” in the subject line of the email.
Application deadline: December 30th.
No calls, tweets, or Facebook messages, please.