This position has been filled.
Irish Repertory Theatre, a year-round producing company located in Chelsea, Manhattan, seeks a full-time Development Associate to join a 3-person Development team beginning in September 2021. The Development Associate will report to the Director of Development and will play an active role in all fundraising activities for Irish Rep, including major gifts, individual gifts, grants (corporate, foundation, and government), memberships, sponsorships, and fundraising events. This is a hybrid remote/in-person position, with attendance at events in NYC expected.
A successful candidate is detail-oriented, collaborative, tech-savvy, creative and flexible, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and is committed to ensuring a positive experience for all Irish Rep patrons.
Irish Rep is committed to building a creative and collaborative workplace that celebrates the diversity of its artists and staff; applicants of both Irish and non-Irish descent are strongly encouraged to apply. Irish Rep is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.
- Process all incoming gifts
- Manage weekly gift acknowledgements and ensure member benefit fulfillment
- Assist with direct mail and e-mail solicitation campaigns
- Participate in and support special events throughout the season
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of the fundraising CRM, Spektrix
- Assist in writing compelling copy for email and social media campaigns, plus other content
- Draft grant narratives, reports, and budgets in collaboration with Director of Development
- Research and identify prospects for increased giving, in collaboration with Associate Director and Director of Development
- Provide assistance with all fundraising campaigns, including research, implementation, and follow-up
- Pull and create lists and reports
- Other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate has:
- Previous office experience, preferably including database experience
- Excellent computer and e-mail skills
- Experience in customer service and/or the performing arts
- The ability to find solutions and an eagerness to solve problems
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook), or Google Suite equivalent
The salary is in the low 40s, with a full benefits package (medical and dental, 403b, and life insurance) and generous vacation allowance. Irish Rep provides a stipend to support remote work.
Candidates should send PDF resume and cover letter to Jason Smoller, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Development Associate” in the subject line of the email. Application deadline: September 23. No calls, tweets, or Facebook messages, please.