Application Deadline: Sunday, April 14, 2019
Irish Repertory Theatre, a year-round producing company located in Chelsea, Manhattan, is seeking a Marketing Associate to support ticket sales, audience development, and organizational capacity during our year-round season. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Associate will be responsible for a variety of dynamic initiatives in a fast-paced, growing organization.
A successful candidate is outgoing and personable, customer-experience minded, detail oriented, collaborative, innovative, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and is committed to Irish Rep’s continued success. Some schedule flexibility is required.
This is a full-time paid position with competitive benefits, including employer-paid healthcare. Irish Rep is committed to the diversity of its artists and staff; applicants of both Irish and non-Irish descent are encouraged to apply. Irish Rep is an equal opportunity employer.
- Write and create compelling copy and content for email and social media campaigns, and other outlets as needed
- Build Irish Rep emails for marketing, membership, and select fundraising initiatives
- Serve as lead point of contact for partnership and sales initiatives, including group sales, gala and season program advertising, and Irish Rep member discounts
- Assist in managing Irish Rep’s Green Seats initiative for young audiences
- Provide support to Irish Rep’s Graphic Design Manager
- Maintain content on irishrep.org
- Oversee all Irish Rep in-house printing, including trouble-shooting Xerox printer, ordering print supplies, and managing print needs for show support teams
- Manage the acquisition of opening night and other hospitality gifts
- Support data-based research and strategic initiatives
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of Irish Rep photo and content archives and CRM
- Support Irish Rep special events including annual fundraising gala
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience required
- 1+ year professional experience preferred
- Superior oral, written and grammatical skills
- Keen attention to detail
- An understanding of the need to use different voices for different platforms and purposes
- Passion for theater
- The ability to prioritize and remain flexible and organized in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Exceptional computer skills
- Experience with the following platforms is preferred, but not required: Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, OvationTix, Google Analytics, Constant Contact, WordPress, html & CSS
Salary Range: $36,000-$39,000
Irish Rep offers a competitive benefits package for employees. Exact compensation is commensurate with experience.
Please submit cover letter with salary expectations, résumé, and references as attachments to Frances Howorth, Director of Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Marketing Associate” in the subject line. No phone inquiries, please. Application Deadline is end of day on Sunday, April 14, 2019.
Though we appreciate applicants taking the time to submit materials for consideration, we are a small office and only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Start Date: Immediate, flexible.
About Irish Repertory Theatre:
Irish Repertory Theatre provides a context for understanding the contemporary Irish-American experience through evocative works of theater, music, and dance. This mission is accomplished by staging the works of Irish and Irish-American classic and contemporary playwrights, encouraging the development of new works focused on the Irish and Irish-American experience, and producing the works of other cultures interpreted through the lens of an Irish sensibility.
Irish Repertory Theater operates a 148-seat mainstage and a 60-seat flexible studio theatre space in our home at 132 West 22nd Street between 6th and 7th Avenues in Manhattan. Learn more.