Applications are now closed for these positions. The next internship opportunities will be posted in December 2020.
Irish Repertory Theatre, a year-round producing company located in Chelsea, Manhattan, recently called “the leader in streaming theater productions” in Theatermania, seeks both a Marketing Intern and a Development Intern for the Fall of 2020 (October – January – exact dates negotiable). The Marketing Intern will support digital marketing, ticketing, and production initiatives for Irish Rep’s Digital Fall season. The Development Intern will support fundraising initiatives for Irish Rep’s membership program, online programing, and digital member events, as well as year-end fundraising. The interns will work closely with Irish Rep staff, learning about arts administration on a holistic level through a mix of real-world experience and one-on-one meetings and discussions with team members. Both interns will work remotely.
These are part-time unpaid educational positions with a stipend of $500 per month. Irish Rep is committed to the diversity of its artists and staff; applicants of both Irish and non-Irish descent are encouraged to apply. Irish Rep is an equal opportunity employer.
Marketing Intern Activities:
- Research, plan, and execute global Audience Development efforts for Irish Rep’s digital programming in collaboration with marketing team members.
- Assist the Marketing Associate with developing new digital engagement opportunities for Irish Rep’s GreenSeats initiative for new audiences
- Participate and support digital events throughout the season
- Analyze and maintain ticketing and ticket donation data in OvationTix
- Write compelling copy for email and social media campaigns, plus other content
- Assist in the creation of all marketing emails in OvationTix and Constant Contact
- Other Duties as Assigned
Development Intern Activities:
- Provide assistance on e-mail, web-based, phone, and capital campaigns, including research, renewal, acquisition, acknowledgement, and benefit fulfillment
- Participate in and support online events throughout the fall
- Assist staff with creation of online events and fundraisers, member benefits, and engagement opportunities
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of the fundraising CRM, OvationTix
- Write compelling copy for email and social media campaigns for membership
- Create and publish Irish Rep’s member e-newsletter
- Pull and create lists and reports in OvationTix
- Research new fundraising opportunities and assist with grant applications and reporting
- Other Duties as Assigned
An Irish Rep Intern has:
- Strong copywriting/editing skills
- Keen attention to detail
- An understanding of the need to use different voices for different platforms and purposes
- Passion for theater
- Interest in marketing and audience development / fundraising and membership
- A desire to learn about the holistic administrative needs of an arts institution
- The ability to prioritize and remain flexible and organized in a fast-paced remote environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Excel
- Access to a computer and reliable Wifi
- Willingness to pitch in!
An Irish Rep Internship offers:
- Learn the fundamentals of working at an award-winning NYC theatre company during the unprecedented Covid-19 shutdown
- Work closely with and learn from experienced arts professionals
- Meet with Irish Rep staff members in other departments
- Engage in career mentoring in weekly meetings with supervisors and colleagues
- Develop marketable skills in in focus area and other areas of arts administration
- Learn the following programs: Constant Contact, WordPress, and OvationTix
- Receive a stipend for materials of $500/month
Minimum Commitment: October 2020 through January 2021, 2-3 days per week (more available as desired, exact schedule negotiable)
PLEASE APPLY FOR ONLY ONE POSITION. To apply, please send a one-page resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Marketing Internship” or “Development Internship” in the subject line of your email. In your cover letter, please outline your relevant experience and reasons for wanting to intern with Irish Rep.
Application Deadline: Ongoing until position is filled