Irish Repertory Theatre, a year-round producing company located in Chelsea, Manhattan which the Wall Street Journal called “New York’s best Off-Broadway theatre troupe”, seeks a passionate arts administrator to join our administrative staff as Company Manager. This person will work closely with the General Manager to ensure smooth operations for the theatre’s day-to-day administration. Irish Rep stages the works of Irish and Irish-American classic and contemporary playwrights and operates a 148-seat mainstage and a 60-seat flexible studio theatre space.
A successful candidate is detail-oriented, collaborative, flexible, a good communicator, calm under pressure, and committed to Irish Rep’s continued success.
This is a full-time position with salary in the low 50s with excellent benefits, including 100% employer-paid healthcare (with dental and vision coverage), 403b retirement plan, an annual professional development reimbursement, and generous vacation allowance. Irish Rep currently provides a stipend to support remote work.
Irish Rep is committed to the diversity of its artists and staff; applicants of both Irish and non-Irish descent are encouraged to apply. Irish Rep is an equal opportunity employer. The full-time staff of 15 is multiracial, and includes people across spectrums of masculinity and femininity. We work together to advance race/gender equity in the theatre. Instead of taking a pass on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access efforts because Irishness has long been equated with “whiteness,” Irish Rep has embraced the opportunity to broaden the understanding of what it means to be Irish.
- Manage union reporting, payments, and reconciliations (AEA, USA, SDC, AFM)
- Create, circulate and maintain company calendars
- Serve as Company Management support for Actors, Stage Managers, and Creative Teams, which may involved working some weekends and evenings.
- Field and manage licensing inquiries
- Manage COVID protocols (including testing) for company and supervise show Covid Safety Managers
- Collaborate with Development and Marketing staff on staff-wide and production-specific events, including opening and closing night events and annual Gala
- Assume primary responsibility for accounts payable, credit card reconciling, reimbursements, and petty cash management
- Create project-specific budgets and track expenses
- Human Resources/Payroll
- Prepare and submit weekly Production payroll
- Liaise with payroll company (Paychex) to process new-hire paperwork and set up direct deposit, etc.
- Manage workers comp and unemployment claims
- Assist in tracking staff PTO, comp and sick time
- IT/Office Management/Facilities
- Manage Office IT needs and troubleshooting with external IT company
- Liaise with vendors
- Handle office organization, archiving, and supply management
An ideal candidate has
• 2+ years’ experience in arts administration or similar experience
- Experience with union contracts
- Experience with QuickBooks (or similar accounting software) and vendor payments
- Experience preparing payroll
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of and passion for the New York theater community
- Superior organizational skills, ability to take initiative, passion for multitasking and strategic thinking
- “All hands on deck” attitude and willingness to collaborate across departments. This is an office where you never get to say “that’s not my job.”
How to Apply
Please address the following applications to Lisa Fane, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Company Manager Position-[Your Name]” in the subject line:
- Cover letter–2-3 paragraphs as an attachment (as a pdf) telling us why you are interested in company management at Irish Rep, how you believe you meet the qualifications, and what you are interested in learning in this role.
- Your resume (work/skills/training history and references) as an attachment (as a pdf)
No calls or social media messages please. Salary range: Low 50s