Director of Marketing
Irish Repertory Theatre is a year-round producing company located in Chelsea, Manhattan. We operate a 148-seat mainstage and a 60-seat flexible studio theatre space. The Marketing Director is responsible for generating earned income of $2 million a year, directing the day-to-day marketing and advertising efforts and upholding the organizational brand.
• Develop and execute marketing and outreach campaigns specifically designed for each show/event/program by collaborating with Producing & Artistic Directors and work with in-house graphic designer to oversee the planning, development, and coordination of print collateral to support marketing and institutional initiatives.
• Oversee and ensure consistency in branding and messaging of the organization
• Develop marketing goals and strategies, and maintain annual marketing plan and calendar prior to each production
• Plan and execute social media strategy and content creation across multiple channels
• Maintain and analyze tracking reports for social media analytics, website analytics, and media coverage and generate, create, and distribute marketing-related reports on the success of advertising and other initiatives
• Participate in local events and meetings to further our mission, message, and marketing objectives as needed
• Manage marketing staff and collaborate with box office staff to ensure the successful accomplishment of departmental and organizational goals
•Expand group sales outreach
• Strengthen audience engagement initiatives in order to create an ongoing relationship with patrons and strategize initiatives for new audience development by analyzing the market, reviewing our own offerings, and identifying possible opportunities
• Support the Development team in the creation of graphic design elements, images and documents to further fundraising and sponsorship efforts
• Manage sales, ticketing and printed collateral for annual gala
•Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred. 5+ years’ experience in arts marketing and/or sales particularly in nonprofit theatre
•Experience with Ovation Tix, Google Analytics, Constant Contact and WordPress
•Proficiency with Adobe InDesign & Photoshop, html & CSS preferred
•Passion for social media and content creation
•Knowledge of the New York theater community; experience with group sales a plus
•An eye for design & branding
•Direct management experience with supervisory responsibilities
•Demonstrated success in executing marketing skills, especially in planning, directing, and executing campaigns
•Superior oral, written and grammatical skills
•Exceptional computer skills
•Superior organizational skills, leadership ability, multitasking and strategic thinking
• “All hands on deck” attitude. This is a position where you never get to say “that’s not my job.”
As a member of the Irish Rep staff, this individual is expected to demonstrate professional behavior toward all of our patrons, students, community partners, and collaborators at all times.
Please submit resume, cover letter, salary expectations, and one almost-unbelievable fact about yourself to Jessica at IrishRep.org. No calls, tweets, Facebook messages or carrier pigeons please.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits, including health and a 403b plan. Salary commensurate with experience. Irish Repertory Theater is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer
Irish Rep uses volunteer ushers for all performances. Volunteer ushers receive one (1) free ticket for the performance in which they volunteer. To volunteer, please email Eddy Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive information via email about ushering opportunities in the future. Acceptance is on a first-come, first-serve basis based on availability and occurs two (2) weeks prior to the first preview of every production.