Update as of 3/16/20:
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention has recommended that event organizers cancel all public gatherings of 50 or more people for the next eight weeks in order to curtail the continued spread of COVID-19. Due to this recommendation, we have further postponed our upcoming production of Eugene O’Neill’s A Touch of the Poet until it is safe for our audience, actors, and staff to come together. We have also cancelled the April 27th musical event, An Evening with Gregory Harrington, and we plan to reschedule it as soon as we can.
As of 3/13/20:
At Irish Rep, the health and safety of our audience, artists, and staff is our top priority. Therefore, in an effort to protect our community and help contain the spread of COVID-19, we have cancelled all performances from March 13 – April 14, 2020.
- All remaining performances of Incantata and Lady G: Plays and Whisperings of Lady Gregory have been cancelled.
- The Smuggler is postponed until this fall with the run expected to begin in September. Exact dates will be announced at a future date.
- A Touch of the Poet has been postponed by three weeks and will now run from April 15 to June 7. (formerly March 25 – May 10) Update 3/16/20: This production is now postponed until further notice. It will be rescheduled when the theatre reopens.
- Our 2020 Gala, Celebrating our Pal: The Musicals of Hal Prince is still expected to take place on June 8, but our single ticket on-sale dates will be rescheduled until the Irish Rep box office team has had time to process all affected ticket purchases for the productions above.
- Gregory Harrington and Friends is still scheduled for Monday, April 27. Update 3/16/20: This production is now cancelled.
Current ticket holders for all canceled and postponed shows will receive an email with information about next steps, and we will also be calling affected patrons in order of upcoming performances. All affected patrons will be offered the opportunity to transfer tickets to an upcoming date, process the ticket price as a donation or patron credit for a future show, or receive a full refund. Please note we are a small company and we truly appreciate your patience at this time as we try to contact everyone. If you need to reach us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-727-2737.
We would like to acknowledge our members and donors whose generosity keeps us afloat in challenging times. Our company and our artists are very grateful for your support.
As we all navigate this situation, we are reminded that so much of the power of the arts stems from the joy in coming together for a shared experience, recognizing and reflecting on our own humanity and shared experiences. As this virus forces us all to spend time apart, we are especially grateful to have had so many opportunities to come together with all of you who come through our doors show-after-show. Thank you. We can’t wait to do it again.
We look forward to seeing you all back on 22nd Street again soon. Until then, stay safe.