Our Performances on Screen take place on Youtube Live. A link to the show will be emailed to you two hours before your selected performance date (you must register in advance in order to access the show).* In this email and in our Video Tips page, we also offer an alternate link to Vimeo Live for those who have issues accessing Youtube.
How to Stream from Youtube Live to from your phone/tablet to a SmartTV:
- Ensure your SmartTV and phone/tablet are connected to the same WiFi
- Open the link for the Performance on Screen on your phone/tablet
- Lightly tap the video and hit the “Play on TV button” (square with arrow). You may be prompted to choose your SmartTV device if there are multiple devices on your WiFi.
How to queue the livestream in your YouTube app (for Firestick, Roku, AppleTV, Chromecast and SmartTV):
Sign-in to a YouTube Account required. The link to the performance will be sent two hours before showtime.
- Sign in to your YouTube Account on your SmartTV device and on the mobile device you have received the emailed link on. You must be signed into the YouTube app on that mobile device and on your TV.
- Click the link on your mobile device; the video should open in your Youtube App.
- Click the “+SAVE” sign button on the below the video to add the Performance on Screen to your “SAVED” queue (Please note: This video will not be available after its scheduled screening. You will still need to watch it at the scheduled performance time.)
- Before the beginning of the show, open the Youtube App on your SmartTV device, and navigate to your “SAVED” list.
- The livestream should be first on your “Saved” playlist! If it is not, you can click “SORT BY” and “DATE ADDED (NEWEST)”.
Need more information? These tutorials and guides from Youtube may help:
- How to use your phone or tablet to activate YouTube on TV with a TV code
- Smart Tvs & Streaming Guide
- YouTube Apps on multiple versions of TV
- How to watch YouTube on TV with Chromecast, Cast, and Airplay
How to queue the livestream in your Vimeo app (for SmartTV):
Sign-in to a Vimeo account is required; Vimeo accounts are free to set up.
- Sign into your Vimeo Account on your SmartTV device as well as on the mobile device/computer on which you have received the emailed link (the link will be emailed to you two hours in advance of your selected performance). You must be signed into the Vimeo app on both devices.
- Click the link on your mobile device or computer; the video should open in your Youtube App.
- On the top right corner of the video, click the clock icon to Add To Watch Later list. (Please note: This is a livestream and will not be available after its scheduled screening. You will still need to watch it at the scheduled performance time.)
- Before the beginning of the show, open and log into the Vimeo App on your SmartTV device, and navigate to your “WATCH LATER” list, and the performance on screen should be there.
For more information on how to watch Vimeo on your SmartTV, see here: https://help.vimeo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007416167
*The email with the link will come from firstname.lastname@example.org – if you have not received the email within two hours of your selected performance time, please check your spam inbox or email email@example.com with “Link Needed” in the subject line. If you need further support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the issue and your phone number. An Irish Rep staff member will be standing by to assist.