Irish Repertory Theatre, an award-winning year-round Off-Broadway theatre company in its 31st season, is looking for an experienced Audience Services Manager/House Manager to manage our front of house operations and ensure the best possible experience for all patrons attending shows in our mainstage and studio theatre spaces.A successful candidate is outgoing and personable, customer-experience minded, detail-oriented, collaborative, innovative, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and is committed to continuous process improvement and to ensuring a positive experience for all Irish Rep patrons.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits, including health and a 403b plan. Irish Rep is committed to building a creative and collaborative workplace that celebrates the diversity of its artists and staff; applicants of both Irish and non-Irish descent are strongly encouraged to apply. Irish Rep is an equal opportunity employer.
As an important member of the Irish Rep team, the primary responsibilities of the Audience Services Manager include:
- Manage the opening of the house prior to Irish Rep performances and after intermission through communication with Stage Management.
- Monitor all shows to ensure patrons’ comfort and safety (including monitoring temperature, troubleshooting assisted listening/hearing aid devices, and handling other patron-related issues that may arise).
- Coordinate, train, and supervise volunteer ushers.
- Oversee distribution of programs and in-house marketing materials.
- Manage concessions and oversee concessions staff, inventory, pricing, and reporting
- Manage merchandise sales in coordination with Marketing department
- Generate and send nightly House Management reports that inform staff and production personnel about any front-of-house-related issues and incidents.
- Assist with box office duties as needed on OvationTix ticketing and fundraising database.
- Develop, maintain, and ensure compliance with the Irish Rep’s accessibility policies and procedures.
- Ensure a warm, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all Irish Rep patrons and audience members
- Support Development department with member and donor hospitality initiatives
The Audience Services Manager must be available to work during the Irish Rep’s scheduled performances and events and some office hours (performances are typically Wednesday – Sunday). In addition, like all members of the Irish Rep team, this position will contribute to the general support for the institution when necessary.
- 2 to 5 years Audience Services/Front of House experience in the performing arts strongly preferred.
- Ability to manage a high volume of e-mail communications, experience working with a theatre ticketing system (OvationTix experience a plus).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to effectively multi-task
- Must be a team player in an energetic environment.
- An outgoing, positive personality and interest in engaging and becoming familiar with the Irish Repertory Theatre’s audience.
- Must be able to physically assist with patron wheelchair-to-seat transfers and to move portable theatre seats.
- Conflict resolution/de-escalation skills a plus.
- Fireguard certificate of fitness and CPR certification a plus.
Position is full time and year round. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including 100% employer-paid medical/dental/vision coverage and eligibility for an employer matched 403b plan after one year.
Irish Repertory Theatre is committed to building a creative and dynamic workplace that celebrates individual differences and diversity and treats everyone with fairness and respect. Our company does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual’s race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local regulations.
Send cover letter with salary expectations, resumé, and references as attachments, to Lisa Fane, General Manager, via e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org (please reference ‘Audience Services Manager Opportunity’ in the subject line). Please submit materials by end of day on Thursday, August 15. No phone or social media inquiries, please.
Though we appreciate applicants taking the time to submit materials for consideration, we are a small office and only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. EOE.
Job Start Date: late August/early September
Application deadline: Thursday, August 15 (end of day)