As part of The Sean O’Casey Season, Irish Repertory Theatre is delighted to present free readings of all of Sean O’Casey’s plays written from 1928 through his death in 1964, along with Grandchild of Kings, Harold Prince’s adaptation of Sean O’Casey’s autobiographies, in the W. Scott McLucas Studio Theatre. Together with The O’Casey Cycle, this series represents a full retrospective on the work of Sean O’Casey.
February events (listed below) are currently available for reservations. March and April events will be made available at a later date.
- The Silver Tassie (1928) | February 2-3
- Within the Gates (1934) | February 9-10
- The Star Turns Red (1940) | February 16-17
- Purple Dust (1940/1945) | February 23-24
- Red Roses for Me (1942) | March 2-3
- Oak Leaves and Lavender (1946) | March 9-10
- Cock-a-Doodle Dandy (1949) | March 16-17
- Three One Acts | March 23-24
- “Bedtime Story” (1951)
- “The End of the Beginning” (1937)
- “A Pound on Demand” (1939)
- Behind the Green Curtains (1961) |March 30
- Figuro in the Night (1961) & The Moon Shines on Kylenamoe (1961) | March 31
- The Green Crow Caws: Songs and Sat-Eire from Sean O’Casey’s Autobiography (2019) | April 4-5
- The Bishop’s Bonfire: A Sad Play within the Tune of a Polka (1955) | April 6-7
- Grandchild of Kings by Harold Prince (1992) | April 13-14
- The Drums of Father Ned (1959) | April 27-28
All readings are free to attend. To request an invitation, call the Irish Rep box office at 212-727-2737.