As part of The Sean O’Casey Season, Irish Repertory Theatre is delighted to present free readings of all of Sean O’Casey’s plays written from 1928 through his death in 1964 in the W. Scott McLucas Studio Theatre. Along with The O’Casey Cycle, this series represents a full retrospective on the work of Sean O’Casey.
Readings will include:
- The Silver Tassie (1928)
- Within the Gates (1934)
- The Star Turns Red (1940)
- Purple Dust (1940/1945)
- Red Roses for Me (1942)
- Oak Leaves and Lavender (1946)
- Cock-a-Doodle Dandy (1949)
- Three One Acts Part I: “Bedtime Story” (1951), “The End of the Beginning” (1937), and “A Pound on Demand” (1939)
- Three One Acts Part II: “Behind the Green Curtains” (1961), “Figuro in the Night” (1961), and “The Moon Shines on Kylenamoe” (1961)
- The Bishop’s Bonfire: A Sad Play within the Tune of a Polka (1955)
- The Drums of Father Ned (1959)
Additionally, there will be a reading of Grandchild of Kings, Harold Prince’s adaptation of Sean O’Casey’s autobiographies.
All readings are free to attend. To request an invitation, call the Irish Rep box office at 212-727-2737.
February events (listed below) are currently available for reservations. Other events will be made available at a later date.